Raw Vegan Brownie
Another recipe to file away with the keepers. Make a raw spin on a holiday favorite. Serve this crowd pleaser to get some smiles at your holiday table.
Ingredients for base:
- Almond flour – 300 grams
- Cacao powder – 3 Tbsp
- Dates – 150 grams
- Syrup (agave, date etc.) – 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 Tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for topping:
- Coconut oil – 50 ml
- Syrup – 60 ml (if use date syrup, it’s less sweet, so we need more, about 80-90 ml)
- Cacao powder – 2Tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1Tbsp
- Freeze dried tart cherries to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients for the base in processer or by hand* until smooth.
- Put the base in the silicone mold and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for topping
- Take the base from the freezer, put the liquid topping on top of the base and return the mold with brownie to a freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Take brownie from the mold and enjoy.