Recipe: Warming Carrot Ginger Soup
Enjoy this delicious warming soup recipe for the cold winter months. Ginger is great for your digestive system, making this soup nutritionally dense, low in calories and cleansing to the body!
- 2 table spoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 7 medium size carrots diced into1/2 inch size (if organic no need to peal just wash well)
- 2 table spoon grated ginger
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tea spoon Celtic salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (opt.)
- Fresh parsley chopped (opt.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil, add the chopped onion and the garlic, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the carrots, ginger, salt and broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the carrots tender.
- Add coconut milk to the mixture and puree in a blender until creamy and smooth.
Serve, topped with freshly chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper. It can also be served with some gluten free bread or crackers and your favorite salad. This delicious soup is nutritionally dense, low in calories and cleansing to the body!